If you are using node version 11.0.0 or any later - those are fresh new versions which aren't supported with our virgil-crypto. Please, use as latest *LTS* version 10.13.0.
And follow the steps:
- Delete node v11. (or switch to node v10 using some node manager)
- Install node v10.
- Try to do option 1 for node-gyp guide for Windows.
- If it didn’t work, go for manually configuration - option 2:
• Install Visual C++ Build Environment: Visual Studio Build Tools (using “Visual C++ build tools” workload) or Visual Studio 2017 Community (using the “Desktop development with C++” workload)
• npm config set python/path/to/executable/python2.7 (how you did on screen recording)
• Launch cmd, npm config set msvs_version 2017
All steps are required.
- Try to do ‘npm install [email protected]’ in some test folder. If installation complete, you can go to firebase-functions
- If there was a problem, check the requirements from this table.
- Going ahead, if you don’t use email authentication in your application, you need to download this repo instead of
- You can use Firebase *uid* as identity in our services, so you can find public key of user by his Firebase *uid*.
- If you prefer to use user phone as an identity (note, that this way you store sensitive user information in our services) you can change